Chapter 14 Minutes
Oct. 27, 2018
IHCC 14 held its Fall meeting on Saturday October 27, 2018 at the AG Museum cafeteria in Vista CA.
We greeted and introduced all the members who attended the meeting at 11AM after reciting the Pledge to the American flag.
Roger Lubiens, President called the meeting to order before we introduced our members with their favorite IH story of the summer.
Roger read the treasurers report that indicated $3131 in 2018 revenues with $ 6343.00 in bank funds. Discussed moving $3,000 to Foundation , as all chapter bills are paid, so further FFA projects can be conducted. Met with approval from membership.
The membership report indicated we have 205 active members, an increase of 17 since our October meeting. 36 members were born after 1960.
Foundation news includes two $1000 grants to Wheatland and Carpinteria were made this past February. We also discussed viewing Paso Robles, Templeton, Carpinteria, and Santa Paula HS FFA projects that were seen this past week.
- Discussed events that included members traveling to 2018 Red Power Roundup in Alabama.
- Discussed the 2019 calendar of events that are upcoming including Western region Red Power Roundup to be held at Tulare in mid April. Suggested that Tony Ramos and Mel Monteros will lead the organization of this event due to large number of red tractors at last Tulare antique farm show.
- Discussed upcoming events for CH 14 to be held Feb- May 2019. That includes World AG Expo where FFA youth will show off completed restored Farmall tractors from Templeton, Paso Robles, and Santa Paula. Discussed Feb Winter meeting in Los Banos at Ron Bertao farm, April antique farm show and antique truck show in Tulare and Plymouth, respectively, and Rio Linda Show third week in May.
- Need volunteers for April show handling booth and ticket sales for raffle at Saturday night dinner.
- Discussed expiring positions on Board and trustee for Foundation. We’ll be looking to also fill position of V-President. Richard Marshall works with President to fill role of Treasurer/Members Secretary.
- Discussed that website is now fully functional.
- Brent Duxbury and Jon Rogers discussed how these FFA projects with youth build on the legacy of IHC and is fully supported.
Meeting was adjourned for lunch and members wanting to get ready for the parade event.
Roger Lubiens, President