IH Collectors Chapter 14, Inc.
Heringer Farm, Clarksburg CA
October 21, 2023
Call to Order: President Lubiens called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m. PST.
In Attendance: Roger Lubiens, Susan Lubiens, Phil Smith, Steve Heringer, Norman, Wilson, Paul Baldwin, and Sean O’Neill
Pledge of Allegiance to USA flag
Introduction of members: Stephen Heringer gave history of family migrating to America and settling in Clarksburg in 1868 when farm started as a dairy, then transitioned to row crops before lately turning into a winery. Barn was restored and now hosts events, dinners, and wine tasting.
Other members’ comments:
- Phil Smith is a soil scientist for USDA and migrated from Georgia to Salinas CA. He has a Farmall 100 tractor
- Paul Baldwin is a retired FFA AG teacher, now a farmer with a IH 424 and 606 tractor.
- Sean O’Neill migrated from Idaho where he farmed and now resides in Chico. His collection includes two Farmall tractors. Degree in auto technology.
- Norman Wilson. Degree in geology. He has a Super M tractor near Wilton.
- Roger & Susan Lubiens have a working family farm created in 1902 with working Farmall and IH tractors that grow corn and soybeans. Farmall C mows the yard each summer. Farmall 656 is commonly used tractor in the fields, though repaired fuel injector since the pump froze from sub zero temps. Discussed how cover crops are now enhancing soil health.
Secretary Minutes: Referred to June minutes posted on our website. Secretary Jim Marshall recovering from COVID.
Treasury report: $7585.00 in funds.
Membership: Added two more members since last meeting. 199 active members.
WOODLAND – Teacher Eric Dyer has finished Cub Cadet with Farmall Cub project underway.
Other sites: Yuba City to receive Farmall Cub where Jeff Magill is part time teacher. Member Sean Oneill suggested Chico or Red Bluff as possible future FFA sites.
OAKDALE – follow up with FFA on Farmall M project.
Did you know??? IHC Foundations donates $1000 to each project with Titan International providing new tires for each restoration project. 42 projects completed since inception date.
Website: Roger reported that there have been 25,066 visitors to the Chapter 14 Face Book site since January 2023.
- PowerPoint slideshow to attendees on 2023 Red Power Roundup. 14 members attended the show in Grand Island Nebraska.
- Reviewed past events, shows, and parades.
- Reviewed upcoming events through Plymouth truck show last Saturday in April 2024. Chapter 14 is co-sponsor of Rio Linda Farm Days that encourages local news outlets. The news anchor drove Farmall Cub at show while live broadcasting event for CH 31.
- Member and student Analisa Jorgensen completed her Cub Cadet and placed 2nd in the competition.
- Paul Baldwin participated in Sutter Buttes tractor ride.
- Discussed insurance coverage for all members at shows and sanctioned events.
Adjourn: Moved and second to adjourn. Meeting ended at 11:40 a.m. PST.
Susan Lubiens, Acting Secretary